The Beeman Buzz From the Principal’s Office January 2016
• Tomorrow, Tuesday, January 26th is an early release day for professional development. Dismissal will be at 11:30AM.
• The March 8th professional development early release day has been changed to March 1st. This is due to the primary election which will be held in Massachusetts on March 1st. The polls are usually busy on that day so it makes more sense to have our half day on primary day because the school is so busy with voting.
• Please do not drop students off before 7:50AM. Staff is not present to supervise children before that time. There is FREE BREAKFAST for any student beginning at 7:50. If you drop your child off at 7:50 they must be there to have breakfast. We have supervision in the cafeteria only and can not have students walking around the school or in the office.
• Nature’s Classroom payments are due: Please make sure you are making your payments. Smaller payments are more manageable. If you have applied for financial aid, please know that we are uncertain what the amount of aid will be so please continue to make payments.
• PARCC testing: there is only one testing window this year (not
two) for PARCC testing. The testing window opens April 25th and ends May 27th for students in grades 3, 4, and 5. Please plan accordingly. It is really important that students are present on their grade level testing days. A schedule with specific testing days for the 3 grades will be sent home in advance.. It takes a partnership between home and school to continue to do our very best.
• The winter to spring activities have begun!–
production of “Beauty and the Beast” the week of April 11th thru 15th .
– Floor hockey with Mr. Connerty runs through 3/9/16
• Dress for success: Please make sure that you send your child with all their winter outerwear: hats, mittens, coats and boots. If you want your child to play in the snow, they MUST have waterproof snow pants and boots. That being said, we can only go out to recess when the temperature INCLUDING THE WIND CHILL is over 20 degrees. This means on a sunny day, with a temp of 28, if the wind is blowing across our playground (as it so often is this time of year) the outside temperature is probably less than 20 degrees and we will have indoor recess. We always get disappointed about that too!! The students love to be outside.
PTO events coming up:
Thursday and Friday.
12th. Students return on Monday, February 22nd.